What's new
Tiêu Dật Tài / Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nebraska debt collectors called my work after I told them to stop. Is that legal here?

lolira

New member
I've been dealing with a collection agency for a few months now over an old credit card. It's been stressful but recently it got worse.

I told them clearly on the phone not to call me at my job because my boss already warned me. They said okay but then kept doing it anyway. On top of that, they call me multiple times a day and threatened to garnish my wages. I don't even know if they've taken me to court for that.

I started looking into Nebraska-specific laws and found out there are some state rules that go beyond federal law. I guess collectors have to register with the Secretary of State here? And apparently, if they aren't registered, that's a violation.

I also read that in Nebraska, wage garnishment can't happen without a court judgment first. They can't just decide to take my money.

I'm trying to figure out if I have a case against them for the calls to my work and the threats. Has anyone else dealt with this in Nebraska? Did you report them to the Attorney General or get a lawyer?

https://protectionforconsumers.com/nebraska-debt-collection-laws-and-consumer-rights/
 
“I Truly Believed We Were Going to Build a Life Together”
I never imagined that someone I met online could completely change my life—and not in the way I had hoped.
After meeting my partner online, we spent weeks and months talking, sharing our hopes, our fears, and our plans for the future. I genuinely believed that we had fallen in love. We talked about living together, building a home, and finally being happy together.
Because I loved this person and believed our relationship was real, I was willing to do almost anything to help my partner when financial problems and emergencies began appearing.
At first, the requests seemed reasonable. Then there was another emergency, followed by another reason money was needed. I kept believing that once everything was resolved, we would finally be together.
Eventually, I realized that something was seriously wrong.
When I Discovered It Was a Romance Scam
The hardest part was not only the financial loss. It was realizing that the person I trusted might never have been who I believed they were.
I felt embarrassed, heartbroken, and confused. I was afraid to tell people what had happened because I thought they would blame me for trusting someone I loved.
I decided to seek professional assistance and contacted SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE.
The Investigation
I provided the information I had, including messages, payment records, online profiles, email communications, telephone numbers, websites, and cryptocurrency transaction information where applicable.
The investigation helped me organize the evidence and understand the digital and financial activity connected with the suspected fraud.
I finally had someone helping me look at the situation objectively instead of trying to understand it through the emotions I was experiencing.
Getting My Life Back
The experience taught me an important lesson: being deceived by someone who gains your trust does not mean you should be ashamed.
I am grateful that I took the step of documenting what happened and seeking professional assistance.
I never imagined that someone I loved and trusted could deceive me like this. Recovering the $190,000 was a tremendous relief, but having the truth documented and finally understanding what had happened was just as important. I am grateful that I took the step to seek professional help.
Today, I am focused on moving forward and protecting myself from being deceived again.
If you have been contacted online by someone who claims to love you and then asks for money, cryptocurrency, gift cards, or financial assistance, do not ignore the warning signs.
Preserve your messages and financial records and seek appropriate help.
Think You've Been Targeted by an Online Romance Scam?
SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE provides investigation and cyber-intelligence support for suspected online romance and financial fraud.
Cases May Involve
Online romance scams
Cryptocurrency romance scams
Fake dating profiles
Impersonation
Social-media fraud
Long-distance relationship scams
Financial manipulation
Cryptocurrency payment requests
Gift-card and wire-transfer fraud
Phishing and other cyber-enabled fraud
Request a Confidential Case Assessment
If you believe someone you met online may have deceived you, preserve your evidence before deleting accounts or conversations.
Useful information may include:
Messages and chat history
Screenshots
Email addresses
Telephone numbers
Social-media profiles
Dating profiles
Website addresses
Payment records
Cryptocurrency transaction hashes
Wallet addresses
Names or aliases used by the person
Never provide your password, private key, seed phrase, authentication code, or other account credentials.
Contact SAGITTARIUS CYPHER CYBER INTELLIGENCE
📧 Email: info@sagittariuscyphercyberintelligence.com
📱 WhatsApp: +1 (226) 457-3805
💬 Telegram: @sagittariuscyphercyber
Worldwide Romance Scam Investigation Support
🔎 Online Fraud Investigation
💻 Cyber Intelligence
₿ Cryptocurrency Investigation
🌎 Worldwide Client Assistance
🔐 Confidential Case Discussion
If something doesn't feel right, preserve the evidence and seek help.
 
Back
Top